Cebu's My Greek Taverna

11:00 AM



I have always wanted to try this food kiosk along Mango Ave in Cebu City but I don't always pass by in this area so I really haven't had the chance to try this Greek food kiosk. Last 2015, My Greek Taverna already had a kiosk in Ayala Mall Food Choices and the rest was history! From that day on, my boyfriend and I are regular customers of My Greek Taverna. There came a time when I purchase their food almost every week (because I crave for it!) and because of that I was lucky to be given a discount card by the owner, Ms. Marnelli, through their Instagram account. I didn't expect she would take my post seriously but I was happy she did! My boyfriend and I had a Greek food fiesta early January this year.

Healthy Made Easy!

In line with their food shout out, Healthy Made Easy, most of their food are loaded with veggies like tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and onions. Healthy and yummy indeed!

What we got from our discounted food purchases:
Doner Kebab- this dish originated from Turkey but the Greeks have their own version of the vertical rotisserie and they call it Gyro. My Greek Taverna's kebab are smaller versions of the Gyro but with less veggies and meat since the Gyros are more expensive and loaded with veggies, meat and with a much bigger pita bread. I always order the kebab. I can eat like 2 kebabs in one sitting. That's how I love this food so much!



Gyro - according to Wikipedia, is a Greek dish made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie normally with pork, chicken and beef wrapped in a pita bread together with cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, onions and tomatoes.




Kapsalon - originated in The Netherlands. It consists with fries, gyro meat, cabbage, tomato salsa and topped with My Greek Taverna's garlic sauce. This is one of my favorites.




Pita Bread dipped in Tatziki sauce




MENU





Every time we dine in My Greek Taverna in Ayala Center Cebu, the kiosk is always packed with customers. In my experience I had to always wait for my turn just to have my order taken unlike the other kiosks beside My Greek Taverna you can just order immediately because most of the time there weren't a lot of customers.

My Greek Taverna branches:
- Ayala Center Cebu Food Choices
- Elizabeth Mall (groundfloor)
- Banilad Town Centre
- Mango Square Mall

Like their Facebook and follow their Instagram.

You should go try My Greek Taverna and let me know your thoughts here in WanderTongue!

Eat! Eat! Eat!

-Ling

You Might Also Like

4 TONGUES

  1. I regret opening this link. Nagutom ako! Haha. Thanks for sharing this food review Ling. Will surely try My Greek Taverna :)

    http://www.projectgora.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try it whe you visit back here in cebu ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so delish! wish I could go to Cebu.
    Love the simplicity of your blog.. thanks for visiting mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always opt for a simple template so my audience will focus on the food pictures. =)

      Delete